Master program in Mechanical Engineering
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Career Opportunities for Graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic Plan
Based on the policy of Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) to launch a distinguished and leading academic program, serving the Palestinian community in general and the city of Hebron in particular, the College of Engineering is working on introducing a new Master’s program entitled “Mechanical Engineering”. This program is going to be the first of its kind at the national level. It is noteworthy that the Master’s program comes in line with the national priorities that aims at having qualified Palestinian graduates with distinct skills and proficiency in the field of mechanical engineering.
A distinguished academic program in mechanical engineering at the local and regional levels that supports sustainable development, and produce engineers with high technical competences and skills that enable them to contribute to the development of their countries and communities.
The Master's program in Mechanical Engineering is designed to prepare graduates to participate effectively in the development and operation of various mechanical engineering disciplines. Graduates will have a firm grasp on mechanical engineering knowledge and skills to meet the needs of their societies, provide research services that support sustainable development and contribute to building a knowledge-based economy.
The MSc program in Mechanical Engineering at Palestine Polytechnic University was established to produce graduates who have the ability to:
- Work professionally and ethically in various work environments, through effective communication, leadership, and teamwork.
- Effectively participate in research and development activities related to mechanical engineering issues in academia, private and public sectors.
- Develop their professional career through self-learning and graduate studies.
- Maintain motivation and a commitment to learning and responding to emerging technology, social developments and contemporary issues.
Students of the Master Mechanical Engineering program at PPU will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
The work and employment opportunities for the graduates of this program is versatile and can be summarized as follows:
- Engineering offices, companies and industrial facilities that deals with implementation and management of various engineering projects in the various fields of mechanical engineering including automotive engineering, applied mechanics, thermal fluids, energy and renewable energy, mechatronics, artificial intelligence, HVAC systems, production lines and processing, material engineering, maintenance, quality control and assurance, measurements and standards.
- Research, development and consultation in the mechanical engineering fields
- Academic jobs at academic institutions, universities and research centers