Master of Civil Engineering
رقم التخصص : Major No:
الساعات المعتمدة: Course credit:
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Work fields for graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic plan
The master program in civil engineering emphasizes the solution of civil engineering problems and the application of the natural sciences to the analysis, giving the students deep knowledge in the various fields and advanced topics of civil and structural engineering.
- Offer high-quality education that encompasses advance civil engineering sciences in both the traditional and emerging areas of the discipline;
- Prepare graduates to adapt to global and domestic structural engineering challenges and changing industry practices;
- Develop scholarship and encourage public service;
- Prepare graduates for lifelong intellectual and professional development;
- Contribute to economic prosperity of the country and the region.
- To allow students to demonstrate a wide range of the skills learned at the College of Engineering during their course of study by asking them to deliver a complete and original design for a Civil Engineering scheme.
- To show critical thinking and enhanced decision-making abilities
- To allow students to develop problem solving, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and design skills.
- To improve students’ oral and written communication skills.
- Graduates will be able to describe the role of the civil engineer and the impact of civil engineering in global context.
- Graduates will be able to identify ethical and professional responsibilities of the civil engineering profession.
- Graduates will be able to recognize the fundamentals of Civil Engineering disciplines viz. Structural, Geotechnical, Transportation, and Water Resources and Environmental.
- Academic Field: Academic Institutions, Universities etc.
- Private Sector: Construction Industry (Contractors and Engineering Offices)
- Municipalities and public sector organizations.
- Non-Governmental Organizations: UNDP, etc.
- Governmental Ministries.