Intelligent Systems and Devices Engineering
رقم التخصص : Major No:
الساعات المعتمدة: Course credit:
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Work fields for graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic plan
The main outcome of the program is to train electrical engineers who are capable of designing, implementing, upgrading and maintaining electronic consumer devices and household appliances. These devices and appliances are then integrated into intelligent systems using Artificial Intelligence and IoT technologies.
The graduate of the program is provided with a rigorous mathematical foundation and broad knowledge in the field of Electrical Engineering, including a newly revamped Smart Sensors and Measurements. Theoretical knowledge is supplemented by many practical laboratories.
The student will acquire competent programming skills in C++, Python and Matlab, with applications in the fields of signal and image processing, control systems, IoT, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Hands-on approach through many specialized workshops that train the student in Consumer Devices Design and Implementation, Smart Buildings, Prototyping and CAD, and Maintenance of Home and Small Appliances.
Upon completion the requirements of this program, graduates should have the following skills:
- Gain the required knowledge and skills in Electrical engineering.
- Ability to design, implement, upgrade and maintain electronic consumer devices and household appliances.
- Ability to integrate electronic devices with intelligent systems.
- Apply AI and IoT to produce intelligent electrical devices.
- Gain the required programming skills to achieve the previous goals.
Students of the of the Engineering program will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
By getting a degree in intelligent systems and devices engineering, graduates can work in any of the following fields:
- Designing and implementing intelligent electrical devices that employs IoT technology.
- Software development based on AI and machine learning.
- Maintenance of electronic consumer devices and household appliances.
- Providing public and private institutions and establishments with intelligent systems and devices.
- Consulting engineering offices.
- Education and transfer of expertise through universities, institutes and training centers.