Production and Industrial Process Engineering (PPE)
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Work fields for graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic plan
The Bachelor of Production and Industrial Process Engineering degree program at Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) is designed to prepare students to participate effectively in the development and operation of production and manufacturing processes, and implementing production and processing solutions in society's rapidly changing technologically advanced manufacturing-related industry cluster, particularly in Palestine and the Middle East. Graduates will have a firm grasp on production and processing engineering as well as industrial management.
Production and Process is concerned with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment, processes and energy. Production and Process uses knowledge and abilities from the mathematical, physical, and social sciences, as well as engineering analysis and design ideas and methodologies, to specify, forecast, and assess the implications of such processes. Production engineers are often leaders in teams that design, execute, operate, and optimize increasingly complex systems of people, money, information, equipment, and energy in rising economies.
Graduates of the Production and Process degree should have a thorough grasp of the behavior and qualities of materials as they are transformed and impacted by production and processes operations. Instrumentation and Control, Machine Mechanics, Design of Machine Elements, Quality Control, Computer Aided and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Metrology and Measurement System, Production Tooling, Manufacturing Automation, Machine Tools, Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), Product Design and Development (PDD), Production Planning and Control (PPC) are among some of the specific courses that students learn.
A student must complete a total of 164 credit hours to get a Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) degree. The credit hours are divided into three categories: University, College, and Program. The degree plans contain all the relevant information.
The Mechanical Engineering Department has established four Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) for Production and Process program, in accordance with the vision and mission of the University, College of Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering Department, and in consultation with all stakeholders. These goals are to produce graduates who are:
- Leaders in manufacturing, processes, market research and safety or seek further education or business entrepreneurship.
- Pioneers in research and development related to manufacturing, processes, and innovation.
- Professionals in design, implementation, and improvement of integrated systems in the production cycle (from market need to distribution).
- Skillful in industry 4.0, computer assisted manufacturing, and smart systems.
The general program Outcomes for Production and Industrial Process Engineering program are:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
The graduate will be eligible for employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Industrial companies working in the field of designing workplaces and installing production lines.
- Industrial companies operating in various industrial fields, including the metal, plastic, construction, light chemical, food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Consulting companies and offices working in the fields of manufacturing, specifications, standards, and the fields of preparing and managing production line inspection reports.
- Research centers specialized in the fields of production and industrial processes.
- Government departments and ministries related in their work to industry and production processes.
- Service centers affiliated to government and public institutions such as Chambers of Industry and Commerce, Standards and Metrology, the Ministry of National Economy and the Ministry of Works.
- Pursue postgraduate studies in industrial engineering programs, manufacturing and other productive disciplines.
This program provides graduates with opportunities for self-employment and free working, in relation to local industries.