رقم التخصص : Major No:
الساعات المعتمدة: Course credit:
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Career Opportunities for Graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic Plan
The family science program provides students with a full package of courses and training based on family theory, through which students acquire all family science and research skills. Besides, students undertake professional practices for the stages of parenting and apply them by working with children and families in the fields of family science, therapy, social work, and psychology. This specialty also provides advice and understanding of family-related laws as well as home safety and first aid within the family. The program also offers a career path for students with experiences that help them prevent and treat the personal and psychological problems that individuals suffer from in their family relationships, in addition to the problems resulting from the reality of Palestinian society. The program encompasses several axes in the field of educational and human sciences through which a graduate acquires scientific knowledge along with educational and literary skills in the following topics:
- A range of supporting sciences: mathematics, educational statistics, chemistry, general biology and computer science.
- A concentrated dose of personal status sciences with a balance in the areas of fundamentalism, jurisprudence, Sharia judiciary and personal status.
- Educational and social sciences and examples of their various fields in addition to general educational skills.
- Family sciences (requirements related to the needs of the Palestinian community and family in many ways, such as raising and caring for young children, parenting, family counseling, family sociology, evaluation and tests of children and family problem-solving skills).
- Health and nutritional sciences focusing on the family in cases of health and disease in addition to the principles of first aid and general home safety.
- Administrative sciences and creative skills focused on thinking and creativity in managing the family and making good use of family resources.
- Craft skills (such as cosmetics, makeup, interior design, sewing, and children's drawings)
- Technology hub (social media, computer skills)
- Environmental Axis (Natural Resources and Surrounding Environment)
- Building an applied scientific research mindset by working on selected research projects.
- Introducing students to the basic theoretical and applied concepts of jurisprudence and legal sciences with their connection to many areas of life, and the possibility of their contribution to solving many societal problems at the level of the Palestinian family.
- Qualifying students, empowering, and arming them with modern pioneering and creative skills to play their role in the educational process as educators capable of interacting with the acceleration of life and keeping pace with the educational renaissance witnessed in the country.
- Enabling students to link social, psychological and family sciences with the modern educational ones and understand their applications, interactions and impact on our daily lives.
- Enabling students to identify the most important local needs in relevant fields, and training female students (in particular) to include the concepts of contemporary issues of the local community in the current family science, health and feminist education curricula. Besides, introducing students to the effective participation of the family in the formation of habits and trends related to behaviors and ethics of the Palestinian family.
- Consolidating and increasing the extent of interaction between the university’s scientific cadres and relevant local community institutions in order to raise the level of community service in this field to global levels. Besides, coordinating and networking between local community institutions in order to carry out activities that work on developing the Palestinian family in a way that helps in the well-being of the Palestinian society.
- Preparing the Palestinian girl to perform her duties as an educator so that she is the manager of all the family's resources.
- Providing counseling, educational and professional services to female students, educational authorities and technical schools, and participating in in-service training of female teachers.
- Conducting educational research and studies in the field of family sciences in its various fields.
- Spreading scientific and guidance culture in related fields by organizing forums, conferences and scientific lectures for all segments of the society.
- Preparing students to enroll in postgraduate studies so that they can pursue higher studies.
The most prominent aspect of this program is presenting a new generation of graduates armed with an integrated package of sciences, including jurisprudence, social, psychological and family subjects on the one hand, and pioneering and innovative sciences on the other hand. In addition to acquainting them with the latest findings of science in modern educational fields so that they become able to engage in solving real community problems and find solutions to them. Gaining from practical experiences and the unique and relatively new learning approaches to family sciences, graduates are expected to benefit the community in several respects:
- Raising awareness in society of the modern applications of family sciences to have more acceptance to them, which contributes to the adoption of new applications that contribute to the strength of the Palestinian family and the progress and advancement of society.
- Improving the status and capability of the Palestinian women to lead protection and education within the Palestinian family in various educational and leadership fields and to control family health and safety.
- Granting women a clear understanding of the legal provisions offered by the local community and the personal status that obligates them as mothers and educators, inside or outside the family.
- Strengthening the sense of belonging to society in individuals since childhood. This is in addition to forming a strong and solid family with fewer "illiterates" and a stronger and more solid family bond.
- Improving the family standards of living and income in general, which is expected to contribute to the sustainable development of the family and empower women to contribute to increasing its resources.
- Promoting the educational methodologies in the community and introducing them to a new generation capable of learning in a way that addresses problems derived from it. This will also be reflected in the education sector, which will contribute to encourage its transfer from theoretical indoctrination to focus on practical education regarding important issues related to the Palestinian community and family.
- Developing scientific research skills in the topics of family sciences in its various fields.
Besides the ability to pursue postgraduate studies, graduates can work in:
- Educational administration and educational guidance in addition to the educational training centers of the Ministry of Education.
- Family care centers.
- Educational research centers.
- Fields of family sciences in various community institutions.
- The Center for Social Development and Family Guidance Centers.
- Governmental and private hospitals in addition to the health centers specializing in pediatrics and family medicine (Graduates have already acquired many important experiences in dealing with sick children and the nature of their food.)
- Special projects: The possibility of practicing the profession in private clinics that require dealing with different groups of society.
- Non-governmental and civil organizations: A graduate of family sciences is qualified to work as a consultant in administrative, planning and oversight positions, especially in family, motherhood and childhood care.
- The Ministry of Education sector as teachers for family science, health and women’s education curricula for the primary, intermediate and secondary levels.
- Development centers.