رقم التخصص : Major No:
الساعات المعتمدة: Course credit:
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Work fields for graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic plan
Occupational Therapy is one of the Health care support of rehabilitative sciences.
It conducts a detailed assessment of all aspects of daily life skills for people experiencing physical, neural and cognitive problems. Then, the progress of a treatment plan is investigated to assure the optimal independence for each individual by promoting the development of a person's skills and abilities, treating and restoring of lost skills and abilities, preserving of skills and abilities, preventing of degradation, or finding alternative solutions through supporting tools and environmental or lifestyle modifications.
Occupational therapy highlights the importance of the individual's involvement in all activities of daily life, as it focuses on the patients’ priorities and interests based on the individual differences for each case, so the treatment is intended to achieve a personalized rehabilitation.
- To Provide well-trained staff to work in relevant sectors as a functional therapist.
- To empower students with the professional, research and applied skills necessary to meet the needs of the labor market in the field of rehabilitation health.
- To improve the quality of life for people with motor, neurological and psychological disabilities, and help patients and survivors of injuries return to their lives effectively as well as raise the level of independence and quality of life for groups in need of rehabilitation support.
- To Provide students with effective communication skills so as to motivate patients to be interactive in achieving the treatment plan.
- To provide consulting, training and professional services to the target institutions which strengthening partnership and networking with the local community.
- To activate the role of students and encourage them to participate in voluntary rehabilitation projects which boosts the since of belonging to the local community.
- To enhance student’s competencies in using and handling medical devices by providing them with recent and specialized laboratories.
- To train students to lead comprehensive assessments of homes, workplaces and multiple environments in order to assess its appropriateness and readiness for accommodating persons with disabilities.
After the student completes four academic years, he will be fully qualified scientifically, theoretically, and practically, so that he will be able to deal with all pathological conditions related to the occupational therapy specialization, in terms of evaluation and analysis of all factors that may limit the independence of the individual and the performance of his life activities Effectively and efficiently, define treatment goals and create the necessary treatment plan for each patient’s condition in various places of presence, such as hospitals, private rehabilitation clinics, schools, prisons, and other rehabilitation places.
- Hospitals: in rehabilitation units
- Medical rehabilitation and special care centers
- Community Rehabilitation Centers
- Residential Care Homes for the elderly
- Functional therapy laboratories in educational institutions
- At camps in cooperation with non-profit organizations
- Scientific Research