Applied Biology Minor Chemistry
- اهداف التخصص Objectives
- المخرجات Outcomes
- مجالات العمل للخريجين Career Opportunities for Graduates
- الخطة الاكاديمية Academic Plan
This program caters to the demands of institutions, pharmaceutical companies, food industries, and diverse research centers by producing applied biology graduates equipped with comprehensive scientific and technical expertise. Our graduates possess knowledge in general chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, industrial chemistry, food chemistry, and other relevant fields, alongside their proficiency in applied biology. Furthermore, it addresses the need for educators in various science subjects within schools.
- To introduce students to the fundamental theoretical and practical concepts of life sciences and biotechnology, emphasizing their relevance to various aspects of life. Encouraging a problem-solving approach to learning and highlighting their potential contributions to addressing societal issues within Palestine.
- To meet the demands of institutions, pharmaceutical companies, food industries, and various research centers for graduates in applied biology who possess comprehensive scientific and technical competencies. This includes expertise in general chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, industrial chemistry, food chemistry, as well as applied biology. Additionally, to address the need for educators in various science subjects within educational institutions.
- To provide students with essential research experience in the domains of life sciences and biotechnology. This encompasses fields like medicine, agriculture, food, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental, and other industries, preparing them for active participation in scientific research.
- To prepare students to effectively contribute to the educational process as both teachers and researchers. Equipping them with the capability to adapt to the rapidly changing educational landscape and reforms taking place within the nation.
- To enable students to establish connections between technical, chemical, and environmental life sciences and comprehend their applications, interactions, and impacts on daily life.
The program encompasses a wide range of topics within the field of life sciences and biotechnology, equipping graduates with scientific knowledge and practical and technical skills in the following areas:
- Providing students with a strong foundation in supporting sciences, including mathematics, biostatistics, chemistry, physics, and computer science.
- Offering a well-rounded understanding of general life sciences, covering aspects related to humans, animals, plants, and microorganisms.
- Equipping students with knowledge and examples from various fields of biotechnology, along with essential life skills.
- Focusing on real-world challenges that society faces in areas such as healthcare, agriculture, and industries utilizing biotechnology. The program encourages students to devise practical solutions to these challenges and addresses the complexities of implementing the latest findings from life sciences and biotechnology and their transfer to society.
- Instilling a problem-based learning approach and training students to address issues derived from societal realities while providing suitable solutions.
- Cultivating a mindset for applied scientific research by engaging students in selected research projects.
- Preparing graduates in applied biology who possess not only in-depth knowledge of applied biology but also complementary scientific and technical skills in areas such as general chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, industrial chemistry, food chemistry, and more. This well-rounded education also addresses the demand for science teachers in various subjects within schools.
- Graduates can find opportunities in ministries related to health, agriculture, environment, and water authorities.
- Employment prospects include diagnostic and molecular laboratories where graduates can engage in critical research and testing.
- Graduates are well-suited for positions in industries such as food, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, manufacturing, and other sectors that utilize biotechnology for production and research.
- Graduates can work in liquid and solid waste treatment and recycling plants, contributing to environmental sustainability efforts.
- Opportunities exist in foreign institutions dedicated to food, agriculture, environmental preservation, and related challenges.
- Graduates can pursue careers in research centers and units, donor organizations, and legislative institutions specializing in biology and biotechnology.
- Graduates can become educators in the education sector, teaching biology and related subjects at various levels in both local and foreign higher education institutions.
- Graduates can continue their academic journey by pursuing postgraduate studies.
- Graduates may also find opportunities in specialized civil society institutions dedicated to environmental, agricultural, and health-related causes.
- Graduates have the potential to create their own projects and ventures, leveraging their knowledge and skills in applied biology and biotechnology.